Sunday, April 13, 2014

To be a TEACHER or not?



Since the age of 10 my father used to say that teaching is the most respectable and comfortable job for girls. My Mother said, there can be no better thing in the entire world than sharing your knowledge. What I've seen lately has made my opinion about this profession entirely the opposite. 

I heard a teacher say to her student that whatever you are it's just because of your father, but the reply of the student was "ATLEAST MERE BAAP KI AUKAAT TOH HAI, TERE TOH PATI KI BHI NAHIN HAI ITNI." (At least my father has money but your husband also can't afford the things that I have)This wanted to make me slap that particular kid to say such a outrageous statement. What do these students think that if a person is teaching she is poor? She doesn't have respect? She's been thrown out of her house? Her husband/father cannot take care of her? She's departing you knowledge for this day? Teacher should be the most respected person for any student. Incidents of disrespect, slapping and answering back to teachers is becoming common these days and needs discouragement from elders at home.

She works so hard to impart you knowledge so that you be something in life. Although she chose a profession with comfortable working hours, but she did so to be able to, educate her own students so that they don't answer back like a moron. Moral values are lost in today's students, they don't take a minute to use the dirtiest abusive language for their GURU. I can never imagine saying such mean things even in my wildest dreams. When I see my school teachers it makes my eyes wet with tears of gratitude because they made me capable enough to differentiate between right and wrong.

Parents at home should always try to teach their kids to respect their teachers and not go and fight themselves (at the drop of a hat) with them. A teacher has extreme work load to deal with every single day and if she skips a minuscule error don't go and shout on her. The TEACHER deals with 50 students at one time but you just have your own one or two. By saying all this I don't mean that you have to tolerate if something wrong is going on with your WARD or with any other child. 

No comments:

Post a Comment